Friday, August 9, 2013

Disposable Girl

So, I wrote a poem.  And it's kinda deep.  A first draft.  Let me know if you like it.  NO, this is not about anyone in particular, mainly about the bullshit "dating" game itself.  And hypocrisy.  

Disposable Girl

They say nice guys always finish last
Do you think it is different on the other side of the gender wall?

Yeah, we think we’re grown with our smart phones
And fancy cars and lattes
But we still use playground politics
In our cubicles and soccer fields
Cut throat cat fights moved from
Backyards with real birds to
Online chats for fake blue birds

And nowhere is there a more vilified person
Than the woman who dares to defy
Social norms by NOT being a walking icon
Of every man’s dream
Who dares speak her mind against
The bullshit double standards of overweight
Fat shaming nerd shaming CEO’s who sell their souls
To further the agenda of the master class
The new world dictators don’t need
To control lands if they rule over
Big name brands

And in the middle of it
The cat fights and the playground politics
Are girls like me
I’m a disposable girl
I’m not good enough to be a
Vogue following executive super woman
For I did have bigger plans for the world
I am kind and compassionate
Empathetic and intelligent
And all that is cancelled out because
You can’t see kindness across the room

Also, I’m fair, loving and giving
Down to the bone
Give the clothes off my back
And the food in my fridge kinda girl
Which is good for the bottom feeding
Lowlife scavengers
Who I do attract as men
Because most “good” men love bitches

They may claim to want an
Open minded, articulate and devoted wife
Then they really go for Stepford wives, live “hood” ornaments
Who drop their husbands at the sign of a bigger wallet

They may say they want a “Freak in the sheets”
While they struggle with their
Madonna-Whore complexes and
marry a raging, screaming shrew,
a walking icicle to the world

They may assert that they want
A caring, loving compassionate woman
But party loving two faced manipulative
Honey badgerettes are far more fun
And yet, easier to control

So fuck me for being everything
Society states that it values and yet no man wants
 a disposable, forgettable girl

I want to know what it’s like
To be the two faced Madonna
At least she gets a ring and a reprieve
From this shallow, hollow, bullshit world called
The dating game
She gets to walk down a flower filled aisle
 And be the chiffon and organza queen
For a day, anyway

She, a walking hypocrisy,
Covered in business suits and manicured nails
While bragging about her “natural” beauty
who lectures about kindness
While slut shaming the jezebels
despite their own personal hell
Who pretends to love all things children,
And yet is a raging unthankful troll
To her closest family and friends
Who puts on a show on the way to
Donation station
And makes sure to kick the homeless dogs
out of her way

I want to be that two faced Madonna
Who receives unearned praise
For being the perfect model,
The cookie cutter Stepford wife of society

TO HELL WITH THAT
I’m happy to be a disposable girl
Who, by virtue, is independent and free
Sorry if I’m not a damsel in distress
But I’m sure there’s a kitten stuck up a tree
So save your energy
If it’s not meant to happen
And allow me to be…..me.

No comments:

Post a Comment