Sunday, September 1, 2013

Naked

This is just a first draft of the poem.  Read.  Enjoy.  Comment.

When I say I need to be
Naked with you
I don’t just mean physically
 I’m talkin’ emotionally
Spiritually,
Crazy Passionately
Bearing my soul to thee
I want closeness so intuitive
That words are extraneous and
Actions will be spontaneous and
Strangers will be amazed at us
For being so in harmony.

I know, it is work
But I promise it is worth the fight
Or the momentary loss of a perceived freedom
For the long term gain of my love
And dedication
My devotion, such a
Powerful emotion
That no simple ruffneck
deserves to know

So please don’t blow this
Potential lifetime of bliss
Over a one night tryst
Or some ridiculousness
Or you’ll end up hungry for more
Than Dollar store Ramen
And a booty call with your latest
Billy Jean Drama Queen
All while another man
will be living your dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment